Thursday 13 December 2007

on the fifth day of christmas...

my true love gave to me,
five crafty stockings...
la la la la,
and a partridge in a pear tree!

These are the new read family stockings. Not overly "christmas", cos' I'm kinda over the green holly and red berry thing - so OVER that!

I'm proud of them. I used button's from my rather large untouched stash. I have loved buttons ever since I was a little girl and played with my Grandma's huge jar of them. Now, I am older but I still love running my fingers through them, and I was lucky enough to get her stash when she died - no one else wanted them. Go figure!

I have such a button fetish, that when I finished these stockings, my wonderful husband asked if I was going to remove the buttons off them after Christmas! LOL!

They were super easy to make.

I drew a template, grabbed some old Levi's and chopped them out, using the double stitched side seam as the back. I sewed them up, wrong side out. Pulled them the right way out. Sewed some bias binding in family member's favourite colour's to cover the top edge. Chose matching button's out of my collection (actually I got my daughter to do this part!). Sewed the button's on and Wa-la (how do you spell that word?) they were completed!!!

Now, my task is to fill them with goodies for Christmas Morning!

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors