Thursday 31 January 2008

defeat the doledrums dishcloth swap; second weekly topic

Weekly Topic: There are many people who ADORE receiving hand-knit or crochet items; but there are just as many who have no appreciation whatever of how much love, work, and time goes into a hand-made item. Share a story of a hand-made gift you gave to someone and how it worked out - good, bad, or ugly!

I have really only had good feedback... at Christmas I gave dishcloths to friends, teachers, my husbands boss etc. Most people said they wouldn't want to go back to using bought cloths - they liked how the knitted ones worked! :) I can only agree with them - I will never go back to bought now!

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

I'm giving dishcloths as a gift today! I HOPE they are appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is a story about a hand-made-by-me baby quilt that I gave to my new nephew at my first visit to the new parents and Max Jr.

Oh, how nice!.

A few weeks later, I was invited to the Christening and, as you might suspect, was searching for my baby quilt. I could not find it anywhere and asked the parents where the quilt might be.
No one knew and we started a search for it around the house. Every dresser was opened and every closet and basket was searched. The quilt was no where to be found.
Needles to say, I was disappointed but kept it to myself.
"We will find it eventually, it has to be some where!"

End of story. Disappointing? Yes, big time. I will think twice to give them anything hand-made again. Too bad, I could imagine little Max in a colorful sweater would be nice. - If we could find it again. ;(

Inge
spyrogyra2@yahoo.com

PS
But then, maybe, I am too sensitive in these matters.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors