Tuesday 25 March 2008

my new addiction; crochet coasters

yep, another addiction... Since I learnt how to crochet a couple of days ago, I thought I could finally make some cute little crochet coasters (I've wanted to make some for ages!). So, 4 sets later, I am addicted! They are so cool, quick and easy! The dark brown ones are for me!! :)

Top left; Sullivans 4ply cotton - yellow & Cotton Fields 8 ply mercerised cotton - bone, combined and crocheted with a 4.5 mm hook
Top right; Yarn Bee Mineral Mist 55% acrylic, 45% cotton - wood, crocheted with a 4.5 mm hook
Bottom left; Yarn Bee Hues of Opulence 55% acrylic, 45% cotton - pistachio, crocheted with a 4.5 mm hook
Bottom right; Yarn Bee cotton - raspberry & Cotton Fields 8 ply mercerised cotton - bone, combined and crocheted with a 4.5 mm hook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love those! Crochet is the one thing I'm just not able to teach myself. I've managed knitting and sewing (only just) but it all stops when I pick up a crochet hook - just doesn't work for me. Any tips?

Once again - well done on those coasters - I love them.

Sonja

sewfunky said...

Thank you...

I hummed and hawwed about not being able to crochet. I asked friends to teach me - but then never got around to learning from them. I told myself I couldn't do it.

And then one day, I looked at a book and taught myself. I just had to get to the point where I realised it was better to try and fail than not try at all.

It was the same way with knitting with double pointed needles.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors