Monday 18 August 2008

Just a couple of things I've been up to...

I know I've been kinda quiet here on the blog, but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy. :)

I have been knitting dishcloths. New designs and trying out different patterns from a book I bought a few weeks ago. I am loving using Motif pattern's for cloths! I have also made a square cloth using short rows. I may put that pattern up here later this week.

Today, Lianne and I went to Spotlight. There was a sale on and I'm a sucker for a sale. Unfortunately for me, the craft stuff wasn't discounted. :( I bought the april issue of "get creative", which had some very neat and easy pincushions in it. We made them in about 20 minutes! I got the fabric for mine from a really neat retro dress that I found earlier at "Mr. Bo Jumbles". Mr B. J. is a really awesome recycled clothing shop here in Manukau. You buy clothes and other items by the kilo!!! I have had some really spectacular finds there before. I especially go just for items I can craft with!

one of my favourite crafting mags...
the april issue


my new pin cushion...
I just love the retro fabric!

the bottom view...

On the weekend I made Lianne this cute little bag. Inside I put a ball of cotton yarn and some 4mm needles. YES! I have now infected someone else with the dishcloth bug!!! LOL! On this topic, I am always amazed at how many people just don't want to use my dishcloths. They're too pretty, they say... hmmmm! Too Pretty? I personally LOVE to use pretty things on the jobs I most hate, like the dishes... Still, I cant convince them... Once you use one you'll never go back, I say... Even that doesn't work... I know I'll NEVER go back to the old chux cloth!!!

the delicate babe bag...

1 comment:

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

OK trying this again apperently I'm not allowed to put my esty store link. Was saying i opened one my name on there is Mommabear7 if you would like to take a peak. Its all pincushions i have made. I adore yours and the babe bag

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors