Monday 1 September 2008

new hairclips...

I am so proud of my efforts... You see, I have never really done much if any embroidery, and here are 4 new clips using satin stitch, detatched chains and back-stitch. I was inspired by my good friend Lianne's gorgeous clips Lianne you really must get your blog up and running;).

The last time I made hair clips I used buttons and embroidery thread to embellish them see pic below.
I made these clips back in July last year. They're not as good as the ones I made today imho. :)

I just LOVE cupcakes and after mastering the flower clips wanted to try making some. It's so great to try something new and have it all work out!!! I am on cloud 9 at the moment.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop blogging and start cleaning/washing/cooking…

sewfunky said...

:P speak to the hand!

*BB* said...

Oh yeah he's charming ;) These are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

oops, forgot to change accounts, that was me

Jodz said...

You see. There really isn't anything you cannot do. You clever thing, you!

Unknown said...

I love the cupcake ones ;-)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

LOL at Mr's comment! I think these are so cute! You did a great job! This was my first visit to your blog...so much inspiration!

Liesl said...

Gosh ... Mr Sew Funky is a hard task master! Mr HB would never be brave enough to write such a comment on my blog :)

I think your embroidery looks wonderful. I love the little cupcakes.

rochard said...

Those clips are sooo adorable.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors