Friday 28 November 2008

Favourite things Friday...

I love books... And one of my favourite places to go is to my local library to pick out craft books and recipe books ( I am absolutely LOVING Apples for Jam - may have to buy that one!)

These are just a few of my current reading pile.

I've just realised that I've been a little absent from the blog (think last post was this time last week...), I've been real busy making things for Christmas, things I can't really post, because I know my three sweet children look at my blog from time to time. I may be able to post a couple of teaser pic's in the next day or so.

Also, I have received 3 of the ornaments for the ornament swap I signed up for, which really means I need to get a wiggle on and send mine off! I will post pics of them soon too... Just busy spending time with family today, and thinking about advent ideas. I may do something that I did back in 2006 - an activity for every day of advent. :) That was hugely successful with the girls, and great for memory making which I'm a huge fan of.

I hope all the American's that read my blog had a fantastic thanksgiving yesterday. I experienced a bit of my own - we got together with an American friend (Hi Becca!) and had a Kiwi-American thanksgiving. We ate sweet potatoes, turkey, maori potatoes (think PURPLE potatoes here... they were delicious but strange), pavlova, pumpkin pie - it was a true mix-up of kiwi and american traditional foods. YUM!

Anyway, I hope you are all well, know that I am well too, just exceptionally busy! Miss you all!!!

1 comment:

Little Miss Flossy said...

I love Apples For Jam, one of my favourites. I waited for a half-price voucher from Borders before I bought it. My ornaments are sloowly getting there...

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors