Monday 3 November 2008

straw flowers

After a wee bit of searching, I found my little flower loom hiding in an obvious place, with all my knitting looms. I was obviously in an organised mood when I last used it! not normal for me!

Yesterday's post had two people asking about my plans for using the speed straw that I picked up during one of my opshop expeditions. See below:
Blogger CurlyPops said...

Fantastic finds...I'm intrigued by the speed straw and I would love to see the flowers you can make with it.

November 2, 2008 10:52 AM

Blogger A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a productive op shop visit!! I love all of jodie picoults books. I have some straw that belonged to my grandmother but have been unsure what to do with it. WOuld love to see what you make with yours.

November 2, 2008 12:08 PM

I couldn't let them down now, could I?

So here it is, the first finished straw flower...


These are fun to make, and if you ever see one of these little looms in your opshop travels, I suggest you buy it! :) I picked mine up for $1 in February. I last made flowers out of cotton yarn, but the looms are made for speed straw. I'm thinking they'd make great brooches, something just that little bit different!

D.

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

I'll definitely be on the lookout for a flower loom now. It's really cute!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors