Tuesday 18 November 2008

up & down...

The last few days have been both up & down. Sometimes I feel like things are okay and other times I just want to crawl under my quilt and never come out. I feel spiritually exhausted. It was such a shock to find out I carry the mutated BRCA1 gene. I seriously thought I wouldn't. I know that knowledge is power, and that now I am less likely to get cancer, in someways, because I will be more on to it in getting all the testing done, but... :(

I wish I could say that I've been more up than down, but I can't. I keep on thinking silly things about death. Like, what's going to happen to my craft stash when I'm gone... Like, I'm going anywhere! I am also thinking how I would so like to make some nice quilts for the girls before I go. Morbid, really... So, I guess this is the depression talking.

In an effort to make myself feel better I am going to post a picture of one of my favourite things...

Honey Bumbles Cereal - yum yum!
Gotta love my cheeky grin - photo taken by my daughter Aimee. :)

You can see the peg bag I made in the top left hand corner of the photo. If you're observant you'll have noticed that it's shorter than in the blog post I made about how to make them. I decided it was just a wee bit too long, and whilst I have A LOT of pegs, I just didn't have that many! It looks better now.

Okay, I feel a little better now... I must make a regular point of posting a few of my favourite things. Does anyone else want to join me? I think it goes well with Fridays... A Few of my Favourite things Friday's - :). Anyone can join in, you never know it might just cheer us all up...




I virtually grew up watching "the sound of music", I even have it on DVD... This is a different version sung by Pomplamoose. Pomplamoose means grapefruit in french... hmmm! LOL!

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors