Monday 6 April 2009

Decluttering...

Even if we are actually heading into autumn, I'm feeling just a little bit of spring cleaning coming on! I guess having the clocks slip back has helped this feeling along, nothing like an extra hour of sleep in the morning. :)

Today, we decided to get rid of a big pile of books that've been collecting dust in the hallway and condensing two bookshelves into one. Woohoo!

nothing but dust remains...

We dropped them off to the local hospice shop as soon as they were in the box, so that we (namely, I!) couldn't have second thoughts about getting rid of them.


I don't like clutter, but, unfortunately, it seems to like me a whole lot. I think this is because I'm a sucker for a bargain, and for the idea that I might need something one day...

It's nice to be one box down! There are about 10 more boxes to go (if not more)!

3 comments:

Mr Sew Funky said...

1 box down, 99 to go...

Miss Smith said...

Oh yes, I know all about clutter. I've been avoiding the junk shops for aaaaages to try and combat my magpie tendencies, but somehow things always seem to sneak home with me.
Well done condensing two bookcases into one! You've inspired me to have a wee clean up too.

PaisleyJade said...

Feels great to de-clutter doesn't it! We have been thinning out the clothing and books... but Hubby's parents sort the donated books at our local S.Army store and bring more home for us!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors