Friday 7 August 2009

kiwifruit leather

YUM!  Actually, one of my favourite kitchen appliances is my handy dandy dehydrator.  I just hardly ever use it because of the terrible sound it makes - my ears are still ringing and it's been off for about 2 hours now!


Anyway, as you know from my last post, we've been inundated with kiwifruit and so I thought I'd try something I've always wanted to try and that's kiwifruit leather.  It's so basic I don't know why I've never made it before!

Here's the recipe;

KIWIFRUIT LEATHER

12 Kiwifruit (pureed)
2 1/2 Tbsp Honey
A little Lemon Juice to stop leather from going brown (this was in the recipe but I didn't use it and mine didn't go brown!)

Lay it 1/2 - 3/4 cm thick on your dehydrator's tray and dehydrate overnight.

See, simple.  And also so much better than the roll-ups you buy for kid's lunches.  Not that I buy them - I am scrooge mum when it comes to school lunches! ;)

PS. I am slowly unpacking all my craft stuff into my new room - it's shocking how much I've accumulated over the years!

4 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Yum!!! I've had kiwifruit leather before and loved it!!

ozlynda said...

I'm with you. I hate buying those roll ups for my kids.
It has been quite some time since I made fruit leathers. Last lot was peach. Yumm.
I hope your craft room is unpacked soon. I know about lots of supplies too.LOL

Cass said...

I've got a dehydrator too and the noise is a little annoying but I have never made the fruit leather. Do you do it on the base or put something over one of the trays?

TracyKM said...

I love using the dehydrator for leathers. I just got a new cookbook out from the library with awesome recipes for the dehydrator, can't remember the name of the book, but one author was Nutt (last name, LOL). I'm surprised you didn't have to add applesauce or pectin; I usually mix my purees with 1/2 applesauce. Never tried Kiwi leather!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors